This is the second edition of this highly successful book, giving an introduction to the fundamentals, problems and techniques of design and utilization of optical fiber systems. All the chapters have been updated and many have been extended with extra sections including the most recent developments. In addition, three new chapters have been incorporated.
This new edition will retain all core features, while incorporating recent improvements and developments in the field. Optical fiber systems have now become more sophisticated and, as a result, are now the communication method of choice for many systems. New/additional material will include optical amplifiers, soliton systems and optical networks.
- All the major developments in single-mode fibers
- Current practice in optical fiber couplers and wavelength division multiplexing devices
- Broad coverage of optical amplifiers and active integrated optic devices
- Greater emphasis on advanced systems of and techniques, such as the coherent transmission
- The detailed treatment of the application areas such as optical sensors and local area networks
- A wealth of worked examples, problems, exercises and references
This comprehensive second retains its practical orientation combined with a clear readable presentation. It is suitable as a text for use on advanced undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the areas of electrical-electronic, engineering, computing, and applied physics, Furthermore, it remains of considerable value and uses for practising engineers, technologist, and scientists who require an up-to-date refer3ence to this rapidly developing field.
|Title: Optical Fiber Communications: Principles and Practice|
Author: Senior John M.
Length: 1128 pages
Publisher: Pearson Education India; 3 edition (2010)